I have been so busy the last month! Finals are coming. Midterms have just passed. Holidays are quickly approaching. My mom will be coming on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and staying the whole weekend. I am so excited to spend some time with her in my new town. I have so much planned for us to do and a few friends have given me ideas to show her as well.
Like I said, finals are coming up and I have so many essays, presentations and panels coming up and my stress level has gone from a mild 7 to a solid 11. I love keeping my house clean so that I can focus on studying and homework but lately I’ve been nitpicking everything and cleaning everything twice over. I just recently washed my couch cushion covers! They turned out amazing but there was one that is an odd shape so I couldn’t get it off!!!! I have to find a way to either take it off or clean it on its own.
Today has really been a stay at home day. I love those days! The sky has been mostly grey today but is still pretty warm. I have been able to focus on my homework and take home exam. I still have a lot to do in the next couple weeks but tomorrow, I am headed to Disneyland for some much needed time off! I haven’t been to Disneyland since my love took my for my birthday last year and this time, I am going with my best friend!
Last year was the Diamond Celebration and now the holiday decorations should be up! This week is going to be another busy week!
I have a two part exam that will be finished Tuesday. My mom flies in on Thursday. Friday we will more than likely go out to La Jolla. Saturday, I am taking her to a college football game. Sunday, she will be coming with me to church and then probably to Old Town San Diego! She leaves Monday evening and I’ll be taking her to the airport. I’m so excited for her to come and stay the weekend but I am already so sad that she has to leave. Besides all the fun plans I have, I have two other essays to write, a powerpoint presentation and a research panel discussion coming up along with finals for ALL of my 5 classes. I won’t be able to register for classes until the 10th of January so hopefully that will be a nice little break.
A few years ago, I started a blog. It was pretty crappy and so I deleted it and created a whole new one! This blog is just my brother and I being real and who we are. We have started a YouTube account under the same name (Butterfliesnbowties). I want to give you a little bit of information about me so that you don’t feel like a stranger. Hopefully, in a few weeks, I can do an FAQ post. I plan on posting more than once a week but I am a student as well as I have a job so we’ll see how those both work out!
- I am currently 22 years old. My birthday is coming up in less than 2 months.
- I live with my parents but that will be soon be changing.
- I am a full time Humanities student.
- I am a transfer student going from a small community college in Northern California to San Diego State University this fall!
- I have two very handsome godsons. Hunter and Brady, they call me Nina.
- I do not have a favorite singer or band. I listen to almost every and anything. My boyfriend really likes country and so for him, I’m trying to listen little by little.
- My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half and we will be moving to San Diego together and moving in together!
- I have the most supportive family that I know. I am so grateful that I have the parents that I have and that no matter what, they will support me in everything that I do.
- Humanities is my major and I want to go into counseling. I want to work with elementary aged students with mental and educational difficulties.
- On my dad’s side of the family, I am nicknamed “The Baby Whisperer”. Babies tend to come to me and fall asleep in my arms. I absolutely love babies and one day, I would love to be a mom.
- Pintrest is my addiction. I actually got my mom hooked as well. I plan on doing a weekly Pintrest Fail/Win blog post or YouTube video for you guys! If there are any suggestions, I’m totally open to them!
- I love to color. It’s my new hobby and for Christmas, I actually got my loved ones coloring books and colored pencils.
- I am not big on politics but there are several topics that I feel very strong about. One of those is immigration. My great grandparents were immigrants and because of them, I have the opportunities that I have.
- My brother and I shared a graduation day recently. He graduated from high school and I from the local community college.
- I want to start a Bullet Journal but am too afraid that I’ll do it wrong. I know that there is no right or wrong way to do a BuJo but still.
- I just learned how to make my grandma’s “World Famous Tortillas”. They are honestly the best tortillas I have ever had. She is getting older and now that I am moving away, my boyfriend wants me to be able to keep on the family tradition.
- One of my favorite seasons of the year is summer! I love the warm weather and so many birthdays (mine!) occur in August!
- One of my biggest fears is cats. I have always been afraid of cats for as long as I can remember.
- I love shopping just as any girl does but I save money when shopping. Just recently, I spent $10 for three Bath and Body Works products. I always shop sales before anything and I head straight for the sale that is 50% off or more.
- I love my family and they are really my number one priority.
- I am not superstitious or into astrology and I don’t believe in lucky numbers but I have a
favorite number which is 8.
- I probably could live off of Kit Kat bars.
- When I was little, I would read so many books. I would go to shower and while waiting for the water to warm up, I would go and read. 45 minutes later, I would be yelled at by my mom for reading and not being in the shower!!
- My longest job was a desk job and I was there for just under two years. I absolutely loved it!
- My brother and I are really close! Last year, we had a rough year going through a lot of personal issues but now we are both back home and spending as much time together before I leave in August.